Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Shorts on a baby


Shorts on a baby:I DO NOT GET IT.We've tried out a lot of activities with our baby this summer (storytime at the library and the nature center, Kindermusik, infant yoga, tumbling, swimming at the Y). Partially for his benefit, and partially just to get ourselves out of the house with him.Everywhere we have gone, ours seems to be the only baby allowed outside the house in just a onesie. No matter how hot the day, even the youngest infants are outfitted in these cute little shorts and pants over their onesies. I am baffled.Does your baby just lay there like a sack of potatoes as you guide his or her legs through the openings? Is your child not violently bicycle-kicking, thrashing his arms and legs, rolling like a saltwater crocodile? Do you not have to repeat this ridiculous Jackie Chan fight scene every time you change his diaper every hour or two throughout the day? Is your baby not a tiny furnace who sweats through his shirt on hot days anyway, making the addition of an extra layer even more uncomfortable?I stare at these adorably outfitted babies and I can't imagine how the extra effort and hassle and sweat involved in getting those tiny shorts back on after each diaper change could possibly be worth it. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? My chances of getting both little kicking legs through both openings without one or both legs popping back out again before I can pull the damn shorts up have got to be one in ten. Just getting his little swim trunks on before our weekly swim class leaves me spent until next week's session. And so our child lives happily in just a onesie, naked thighs bared to the world.Please, reddit, tell me what I'm missing. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cYUdcr

No comments:

Post a Comment