Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Precious moment after finishing our first video game together


My almost 3 year old and I have been playing through Super Mario RPG on the Wii U together for the past several weeks now (a perfect game btw for his age). We play most afternoons when I get home from work for 30-60 minutes. Yesterday afternoon we beat the final boss and watched the closing credits together. The "the end" screen came up and I got up to get something from the other room. When I came back he was still sitting where staring at the screen. I asked him if everything was ok and he burst into tears, sobbing that he didn't want the game to be over. I assured him that we would find another game to play through together or could start over with Super Mario RPG. I think he was just worried that our after work play sessions would be ending too. Sometimes I forget how much my time means to him but this was a touching reminder. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2cuGLMB

No comments:

Post a Comment