Friday, 2 September 2016

No matter how sleepy you are don't fall asleep


...because if you do this will happen to the bottle of milk you're warming uphttp://imgur.com/Cl2be6uStory:Our youngest woke up around midnight, *what time is it?* I got up, calmed him down and went to warm up the bottle. *so sleepy* Poured the milk, screwed on the top, set it in a pot of water to warm up. *I'll just lie down on this couch while I wait*Next thing I know my wife wakes me up. I smell a new smell, one that I have not smelled before and wonder where it is coming from. I look at the clock and can clearly see that my short nap has taken approximately 3 hours.I run to the stove to see the pot completely devoid of water, the milk has experienced several transitions from warm to hot to brown to pure carbon. The smell is everywhere but thankfully the smoke detectors know better than to wake up a 1 year old in the middle of the night.The houses smelled a few more days, but I was amazed that the bottle did not shatter, the plastic did not melt and run down into the pot, and that the silicone nipple looked no worse for the wear. Lesson only partially learned though. I've had a few more napping episodes luckily none involving fire.Stay awake out there. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2clxrZO

No comments:

Post a Comment