My (M32) son's (3) mother (28) and I are currently at loggerheads over how much I want to see my son. We were together 6 years and recently went through 6 months living together but uncoupled until I could get a suitable place. As our son co sleeps with us we did 1 night with me and one night with her in our own bedrooms.We have kept that agreement running, as in I work 9-5 Monday -friday and she is a homemaker so my son comes home and stays with me every other night, and I'll have him the entire weekend every other week or so. My ex is now saying it's too much and isn't fair and that I shouldn't have him so often overnight.She thinks she is compromising by saying that I can go and see him at her house when I don't have him and I don't like it as I see it as breaking our co sleeping bond and our quality time together away from her. I don't want to have to accept seeing my son on her Ts & Cs and feel it sets a precedent for my future relationship with my son.Add to the fact I obviously chose to leave where we lived to live in her home country once we found out she was pregnant, she has moved on (weeks after we split) and got a new boyfriend, I'm also feeling a bit like why should I set the for something I'm not happy with when I don't even have my friends and family around me.Am I being too pig headed, or am I right to fight for every other night, as long as it's at no detriment to my son? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/29iIUKX
No comments:
Post a Comment