Monday, 4 July 2016

Just turned 2 yo saying "tummy hurts." Not sure she even knows what that means?


We have been talking a lot lately about mommy's tummy (I am nearly 8 months pregnant) and she hears me grumble about hurting a lot, but I can't be sure that she knows as a concept what "hurt" means. I think she could, but I don't know how to be sure. She is solid on physical concepts, but her conversational speech is only just starting to happen.Anyway, I guess to cover my bases, what do you do for a toddler complaining of tummyache? She isn't acting in pain, but then, she never does. I thought she might be hungry, but her breakfast is there and she is eating it fine. I have rubbed her tummy. She is pooping fine. I am just sort of baffled. This stage is wonderful but it is a lot like trying to decode a halfway understood foreign language! HahaAny thoughts? Is she just reacting to my aches and pains? Is there something I can do to soothe a possibly hurting toddler tummy? Halp? Thanks! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/29tDzPq

No comments:

Post a Comment