33f , married 31m for one year. I have 4 children, ages 3 months(f), 4(f), 10(f) and 15(m). My husband is the father to the 3 month old. My husband has not bonded in the year we have been married to any of my children, and makes little to no attempt. He gets annoyed and angry very easily and quickly with them, and has stated he actually 'hates' my 4 year old.I have made many suggestions for bonding, but he shoots them down. I try to have events like family movie nights, get togethers at the park, and it usually ends up with one of the kids being naughty and he immediatly shuts down and gets upset.I have no idea what to do. My children have expressed their feelings in that they don't believe he likes them. They have tried to talk to him but often he is short with them. (Aside from my 15 year old).My husband spends more time talking down about my kids than ever saying anything positive about them. He does however pour love and affection and attention over our 3 month old.It hurts that it feels like we are 2 seperate families. I have this constant feeling like I need to keep my kids as calm as possible and quiet, as not to bother my husband.My husband is a recluse and spends all of his time either working or in his office with his headphones on on his computer playing games or watching Youtube. He rarely ever comes out other than for food, bathroom, and to see our 3 month old for a little bit.I have reached my breaking point and feel divided. I love him, but I am finding myself severely depressed and have very high anxiety almost constantly because I'm always trying to keep peace in the house so he doesn't get too annoyed and upset .I have no idea what to do anymore. I find myself reflecting on past relationships and how they were with my children- which was always a complete 180 from him, and I find myself beginning to resent him now. My kids notice how he keeps his distance from them, and they are hurt by it. (Their dad has little to do with them).I don't know really where I am going with this. I just felt compelled to reach out because the ideas I have are not working. I have tried talking to him and that does that work either. Please help :( via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/29oKj3e
No comments:
Post a Comment