
I’m writing this in the hope that somebody reads it and leans from my mistake.My 11 month old has been pulling himself up now for about 2 months but he has only just started standing up EVERYWHERE. He’s a fast crawler and a little bit of an adventurer.Yesterday afternoon we were having a Christmas party at my house. There were about a dozen adults and four kids and the house was busy but I wasn’t too worried because it’s my house and I know it’s childproof! We had all the food outside and everyone was having a great time. I went into the kitchen and was holding the baby and talking to my best friend. The baby started to squirm to get down so without even thinking I popped him on the floor to crawl off. He crawled straight for the oven and stood up and put his hands on the glass door. The oven wasn’t even on, but had been used earlier and the residual heat was enough to give him terrible burns on both hands.I was right there! I didn’t realise how fast he could move and it was all over in 5 seconds!I had to take him to the hospital where I held him as the cut blisters off his hands and covered his fingers in bandages. He now can’t use his hands for four days until we go back. He has little gloves on. He’s happy enough but I feel like crap.So please, learn from me. Be extra vigilant with your little ones this Christmas time. I thought I was watching him but it only took a second of distraction for him to get hurt.Merry Christmas to all. I’ll be at home on Christmas Day, feeling guilt and binge eating chocolate. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34ThHqi
No comments:
Post a Comment