
I have a 12 week old. I can’t lie, so many days I need a break so bad I think, “I’m outta here. I need a break. Screw this. I deserve it. Everyone else gets a night out. Everyone else gets to have a drink when they’re stressed. Everyone else is out celebrating the holidays. Everyone else gets to walk out when they feel they’ve had enough.”But that’s not how it goes when you’re responsible for a little human. A little human who relies on you solely for meals. Who relies on you to comfort them when they’re having a coughing fit and can’t breathe. Who expects you to always be there when they need anything in the moment. Who looks up at you while you’re feeding them like you’re the center of their whole tiny world. Who doesn’t know the difference between leaving the room for 2 minutes and staying out the whole night.Remembering that this little human needs me is what keeps me going when I want to throw my hands up and walk out. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Zl1iK4
No comments:
Post a Comment