
Okay this is a complicated situation. My oldest daughter lives with her dad and stepmom during the week, but her stepmom primarily has her since dad is away for a week or so at a time due to work (not our original agreement when this began, just to note). I get her every weekend.Her stepmom has lymphoma and is pregnant. She does not want my oldest coming over when my youngest is sick. Obviously this is a sensitive situation, and I empathize with her request, but I barely get to see my oldest, and since my youngest started school for the first time, it is pretty much inevitable that she will get sick.I’m not sure if I’m asking for advice or simply venting about a situation that I strongly dislike. I just don’t want to give up the precious time I get with my oldest. She goes to school every day with potentially sick children but if my youngest has the sniffles I forfeit an entire weekend with her. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to spend time with her still when this happens? Or something? I don’t know, thanks for listening to me ramble. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2JMNVMc
No comments:
Post a Comment