Monday, 4 November 2019

“Crazy mom mode”? Or justified?


So last night I turned the heat on to raise our house from 54 degrees to 66 for the night because it was 38* F outside and our 7week old sleeps in our room. Well my DH completely lost his shit on me saying that I am trying to kill him by turning the heat on how our room got hot and it was unnecessary to turn the heat on. I’m trying to explain that me turning the heat on had nothing to do with me and everything to do with our 7 week old child. I also tried to explain to him that it’s actually set lower than what’s recommended and that it’s only to 66* F and that it will go off when the house reaches that and only turn back on again when it the temp drops to 60/61. I don’t know how to make him comprehend that just because he is hot doesn’t mean our child is. My DH sleeps with 2 fans on and the window open during the winter because our bedroom gets warm. I told him we should stop sleeping with the door almost completely closed and that would help not trap the heat in our room. He complained about that as well. He said that I should put our baby in her crib outside the room, which is fine, except no matter what when I turn the heat on, our room is still going to get warm because 1) the vents are basically right above our bed 2) he wants the door closed at night. I have no problem closing the vent that blows over him and opening the one that would be above baby and I. He complains it would still make the room warm.I’m not ready to put baby in her crib outside of our room because I am the one who’s getting up with her at night and our couch is too small to sleep on every night and the monitor we have over her crib the alert isn’t loud enough and I would have to sleep with a regular baby monitor next to me as well, plus keep the app on my phone opened all night as well. All things that would annoy my husband’s sleep anyways.I really don’t know how to get through to him that it’s not about him and his comfort anymore and that it’s about what’s best for baby.As it is, when I layer her, he complains that I layered her. Last night he complained that I put a hat on her when I put her to bed. I put her in a fleece footed pj, and a hat, her face and head were ice cold. She’s not flushed and I didn’t put a onesie on under it because he complains.I keep explaining that just because he’s hot, or warm, doesn’t mean the baby is.As it is, I always have to say something to him when he takes the baby out of her car seat and he doesn’t put a blanket on her. Everything is always “She’s fine!” And I end up looking like the crazy lady running after him with a blanket and diaper bag in hand.Last night when I went to pick him up from work he wanted to know why she had the fleece lined car seat cover on her car seat when it “isn’t that cold out” again I needed to remind him that SHE IS A 7 WEEK OLD BABY! .... and he proceeds to take her out of her car seat and doesn’t put her jacket on her because “she’ll be fine, we’re right by the building.”Ugh! I don’t know what it’s going to take for him to understand that she’s a baby.We have an appointment with the pediatrician next week, I’m honestly thinking of saying something in the appointment so that maybe he will listen to the pediatrician, because apparently when I say something I’m in “crazy mom mode”.This morning I’m feeding the baby, and I point out the house is cold. It’s currently only 47 degrees outside. My husband proceeds to tell me how it’s great and I’m overreacting. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2qkjTsq

No comments:

Post a Comment