Wednesday, 21 August 2019

Your kids love you -- even when you think they don't


I have been feeling so drained the past couple of weeks, and have been feeling like such a crap parent. I recently watched videos of my first born and saw how much we did with her, and I know how much less we did with our second. My first could count to 20 by 15 months... my second is 3 and can count to 11... no learning disability, I know it's just different experience. My kids want me to play pretend and I am at the point now that I full on will not. Like I can't fricken do it, we can play puzzles or games or go for a walk but I am NOT going to sit and play Barbies. I just can't do it.Anyway, I have been on vacation and I told my kids that I am going back to work soon and Grandma is going to start watching them again soon. I figured they would be so excited but they said "Aw! No we like it when you watch us! (I was like Ok I know I don't have near the patience of Grandma and I have snapped at you both more than 5 times today). We love it when you walk with us and build puzzles with us!" My 3 year old was like "I love it when you play Barbies with us" I straight up said no I don't and then she said "Ya but that's ok, we like it when you are here!"So there you have it, just you, stop worrying about what you did or didn't do. In the grand scheme of things, you are the greatest, they love you, even on your worst weeks. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2KNLrOH

No comments:

Post a Comment