Thursday, 22 August 2019

Wife is a just a little aggressive.


I guess this is more of a vent. I'm not really looking for advice, so much as just wanting to feel like I'm not wrong for feeling how I feel.My wife and I are expecting our second. A boy due January 7th. Without the added fun of what she experiences with being pregnant, she is a pretty by the book person. She insists that things be done right, she will remind you of any instance of something being out of line (or at least, if it's not the way she would have done it). That's not to say that she can't roll with the punches, but her default setting is having things done very specifically. Mind you, she tends to be a fairly jovial person, so it's not like she's an asshole about it. However, being together for 10 years, my perspective on that is a smidge different at this point.Over the last 6-8 weeks, she has become more short fused. If I'm trying to talk to her and our toddler is interrupting, she get's mad at me for taking to long to say what I need to say. If something small isn't working to her satisfaction (ie. the irritation of trying to thread a needle unsuccessfully; a dish slipping a bit when you're trying to wash it) she starts angrily cussing at it. She slams doors and walks around huffing and puffing. If I say anything about it, I get accused of being in a panic or losing my shit.At current, I work 6 days a week. I wake up at 4am and don't get home until after 5pm (not the norm; OT to prepare for the baby). I also go to school part time. In between, I'm doing the standard and expected fatherly/husbandly things. I do everything I can to bear as much of the burden as I can humanly bear so things run as smoothly as possible, while we continue to make strides to get ahead. I'm not an uninvolved out of touch participant in my family.Last night, we were discussing some of the finer points of this particular situation. It was just a conversation, nothing volatile. But, she said she feels like she carries about 70% of the burden for the household. Imagine my WTF face after getting home 13 hours after I left.Anyway... I'm sure we'll get over it and move on and whatever else. I'm not going to stop working hard. She is experiencing more than I can understand, so whatever else I'm doing on my end is certainly what little I can do to try to match that. It's just hard not to feel like I'm background noise sometimes in a world where she is the star of the show. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MyIqUy

No comments:

Post a Comment