Friday, 2 August 2019

When teaching your baby physical cues backfires (literally)


So I have an almost one year old. We have a variety of physical prompts we have always used with her, along with spoken word to help her understand us.One of those is that I drum on her tummy lightly after a diaper change, signally she is done and can leave (I do changes on the floor).Yeah, so, today she takes the mother of all poopoos. She had been backed up from the whole milk transition, so I was pushing the P fruits and wow did they do their job.This poo took place during a time where we were listening to music and playing and the mood was cheerful and I was not quite focused on the situation at hand, but still singing along to the song and I playfully drummed on her tummy in between switching to a fresh wipe, one of five to be precise, yes it was a five alarm wiper..So I drum the tum, so she whips her body over as is her usual exit strategy, sending a cascade of loose poo bits flying and smearing the rest over my pants and the rug and as I am frozen surveying the wreckage and my massive error, I see her half poo covered butt booking it across the room at warp speed like a rapidly setting moon.Good times. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kk3KcL

No comments:

Post a Comment