Sunday, 25 August 2019

Son needs a cranial helmet. Any advice from parents who have had kids with one?


My son is 5 months old and we finally were able to get into a plastic surgeon(the back of his head has been flat as a board since birth and isn’t getting better even with holding him and rotating his head when he sleep, wish we could have gone to doctor sooner but they had no appointments until now) anyways they suggested a cranial helmet and we will go and get it sized in 2 weeks, they think he will be in it for 4 months before it’s rounded out. They said we have to come in every 1-2 weeks to get it adjusted which stinks because the place is 40 mins away and downtown so lots of traffic and no parking that’s close but guess we have to suck it up! Luckily insurance will pay for 80% of the cost of we go to this certain place so that’s great because it’s not cheap! Any advice is welcome. I’m mostly worried about people judging him or me for using a helmet even though I was told I couldn’t prevent it since he was born with his head flat. Also how do you keep it clean, does it stink? And do they sleep ok with it on? My son sleeps great now and I hate to mess his sleep schedule up. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/30yHMtB

No comments:

Post a Comment