Thursday, 22 August 2019

My stepson just told me he was molested by his father and I don’t know if I should tell my wife (his mother).


I’ve had very complicated relations with my stepson since I married his mother. Our relationship was very, very fast paced. My wife has two children, a young girl and a seventeen year old boy. The boys has been very rebellious, and my wife usually lets him do whatever he wants. She’s very passive and doesn’t like to intrude on her children’s personal lives, in fear of them hating her.One thing that was very clear about my wife is that she had been in an abusive relationship previously. She told me on the second or third date about her ex husband. He is the father of both of her children. He was there until my wife became pregnant with the second child, and then he just left. Apparently, he abused my wife verbally, physically and sexually. My wife told me everything after we became engaged. It was a very intimate night, where she told me everything that happened and how she felt. She has no idea that her ex husband hurt her son in any way.Anyways... we have had a strained relationship (my stepson and I). He didn’t consider me his father before, and despised me. I found out by violation of privacy (I went through his laptop- I know, dick move) that he is talking erotically to men at night. He was still in the closet on purpose, so I haven’t mentioned anything to him in case our relationship would ruin.So we built up our trust. My stepson and I have started having these late night chats. And tonight... was very deep. He started off by telling me he was gay. I was very accepting, but then he started talking about how he hated it. How he didn’t want to be, and how he thought he only was because of what happened to him as a kid. And then he started talking about his father raping him. He broke down and told me not to tell my wife, but I don’t know what to do. I had no clue that this man did anything to him.Every other weekend, my stepson goes up to stay with his father. Or at least I thought. Turns out he’s been telling his mother and I that, and has been sneaking off to do many... things. He told me not to tell anyone. I told him I couldn’t promise anything and then he blew up on me and left the house. That was two hours ago.I want to tell his mother this, but I don’t want to break his trust. I already still feel guilty for going through his computer but this... is something else. I know I have to talk to him about this. Is there anything I could say to make him feel better and to soothe him through this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Zmso1Y

No comments:

Post a Comment