Friday, 2 August 2019

My dog is dying and I don’t know how to tell my daughter.


Back in the Spring I got the news from our vet that my dog has a tumor and that it was most likely cancer. They guessed she may have 8 months to a year. She’s mostly been fine, so we’ve put off telling our daughter. She’s almost 5. Over the last week our dog has started showing signs of her condition is worsening. I can’t keep her water dish full enough and she’s been sticking close by my side. I feel like it’s time to prepare my daughter, but I don’t know how. She has experienced loss already. My uncle passed away very suddenly last summer. She’s taken that okay. She misses him and still talks about him. I just think that she may take the family pet harder. Any advice is welcome. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2YvVLmj

No comments:

Post a Comment