Saturday, 24 August 2019

Met an ex-bf while at the supermarket with my son


I’m posting this from a throwaway instead of my main account because I’m not comfortable posting it there. Let me preface this by saying, I’m a guy, I’m bi, I dated guys and girls at uni, and have been happily married to my wife for seven years. A few days ago, I went to our local supermarket with my five year old son, and we ran into an ex-boyfriend of mine. I was very thrown off but was able to stay polite and told my son that he was a friend of daddy’s from university. This dickhead, instead of going along with it, says “Well, a little more than a friend hahaha” and keeps trying to tell stories that I KNOW end very inappropriately while my son stands there. I quickly made my excuses, did the whole “You should come over for dinner sometime” thing and left.I told my wife what had happened and she keeled over laughing, because we went to uni together and she remembered this guy. Now my son keeps asking what that man meant when he said he was more than daddy’s friend. He seems to have formed this idea that I have a secret brother that I’ve been hiding from him his whole life and has been refusing to talk to me until I take him to see his secret uncle. My wife thinks this whole thing is hilarious and that I’m the one who has to explain the truth to my son. I have a bi godfather, and my son absolutely loves him and his husband, so he knows that bi and gay and lesbian people exist. I’m just very unsure as to how I can explain to him that his dad is bi and has dated men. Help!!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2P97mUB

No comments:

Post a Comment