
I don’t know where to turn to about this and I don’t know what to do - or if it’s my place to do anything at all. This has been developing over a couple of years but now I feel it’s coming to a head. Please excuse the length of this post.I have a friend I’ll call Jo. Jo and I were friends in a different city but have since moved and now keep in touch via Facebook. 6 years ago, Jo had a son though IVF - Harry.Immediately Jo began to state that she was anti vax and she wouldn’t be getting Harry vaccinated. Shortly after this time I deleted Facebook for a few years and when I returned she had 3 year old daughter Lena and 5 year old Harry.I started to sense something was amiss when Jo began to state that Harry was vaccine injured and that he had bad effects from vaccines when he was a few months old. The time she’s referring to I was still on Facebook and noticed that she had mentioned he was NOT vaccinated. So I was confused how he could be injured if he’s never had them - but I just shrugged it off as me forgetting something.As times gone on, in the last year, Harry is now “celiac” (through her own research) to the point she’s homeschooling, has him wearing gloves, won’t allow guests to her house. She states that when he’s been injured by gluten, he will be moody and throw tantrums. Jo is often posting pictures and videos of these tantrums which seem to be normal child behavior to me. She states that she can’t put him in regular school - so she’s put him into forest schools for celiac children - yet somehow her child always seems to get infected and she pulls him out of every activity he starts. She’ll post pictures of him crying and saying how sad she is that her extroverted celiac son can’t enjoy life.Shortly after this, she stated her husband is now celiac too - has BPD - and she’s also come to conclusion that her daughter is allergic to corn. Now they’re a gluten and corn free home. Again, she will often post of her struggle, pictures of her children crying and link articles of corn allergy symptoms that she sees in her daughter.This past month she’s diagnosed herself with Lyme disease and adhd. Her posts have strayed from celiac talk to discuss how “my adhd brain is always scattered and that’s why sometimes I can’t sleep” or “I went to a state with good Well water and it helped my adhd” and “sometimes I feel overwhelmed and I don’t have words to describe why I’m feeling this way - I’m learning this is a symptom of adhd” and she’ll post pictures of Lyme disease symptoms and a letters from her doctor that ordered tests for Lyme (at her request).Now her son has adhd, too.She lost her mother young, so I don’t know if this is just a normal symptom of that? But her obsession with her son being “ill” is never ending. It seems to only manifest in her son this strongly, too, and I’m wondering if it’s because they tried so hard for him and then conceived naturally with their daughter. Jo is literally posting weekly about something new she’s thinking may be wrong. Today it was how she’s cleared him of gluten because he played nicely with his sister today?The thing that really makes me uncomfortable is that she openly shared an email where her doctor told her she’s hysterical about listing symptoms that aren’t even symptoms. She shared a list “because her adhd brain can’t keep things straight” of every symptom she has. This list was so uncomfortable to read. “Took two seconds to think of an ingredient, sometimes gets cold quicker than others.”I noticed a few weeks later she went to a different doctor with sickness symptoms and she’d listed them down and she stated the doctor gave kudos for her symptom listing and she obviously knows what she’s doing as this one doctor validated her.I don’t want to be cruel - I don’t know if I’m blowing this out of proportion - but I’ve been watching this woman isolate her children and herself for awhile now and it’s so heartbreaking to watch. I had ADHD, and a lot of the symptoms she’s saying are adhd related seem BS to me. I don’t have celiac so I can’t comment on that - but something isn’t adding up. Her children are always sick, and once it seems she feels she’s built one hill she starts another. Watching this unfold online is so uncomfortable, and when telling my husband about this he asked to see the posts and he also felt something was strange.I don’t know what to do - I’ve never seen anything like this - and I don’t know if it’s even my place to do anything anyway? I like Jo as a person, but as a mother she seems like a different person. I would hate for my child to actually be ill and to have people not believe me, but some of these things seem so fabricated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Znk5qO
No comments:
Post a Comment