
My daughter is 17, she will be 18 in a couple of months and a senior this coming year. Her boyfriend just turned 16 and is in my opinion, a lousy boyfriend. He doesn’t like us (her parents) or her brothers so when he comes over he’s cold and aloof. I’ve seen a few text messages here and there where he’s manipulative, greedy and not very kind to her. She spends I would say 1-2 days a week in tears because of something he said.It’s not all bad. He’s thoughtful enough. He’s loyal to the best of my knowledge. He’s nice to her brothers when he’s here even though he is mean about them to her. They’ve been dating over a year so I guess he does a few things right.I’m fed up with having to accommodate him, honestly. I don’t like having him over. She’s never been in, and not allowed in, his home. I’m considering putting it out there that he can’t come to my house anymore. I can’t make them break up obviously, but that doesn’t mean I have to host him. They can go on dates or see each other at school. I do know this will cause irreparable damage to the strained relationship I have with the boyfriend but I don’t know how my teenager will react.Any thoughts? Anyone been here? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HkCYjS
No comments:
Post a Comment