Friday, 23 August 2019

Brother-in-law [21M] and his girlfriend [22F] want me [20F] to watch their child [8MOS] full time during the week, but aren’t willing to pay much.


As title states, my fiancé’s brother and his girlfriend asked me to watch their 8 month old full-time during the week, (8am-5pm) but aren’t willing to pay very much.A little background, we (me, fiancé, brother-in-law, girlfriend) all live together with my fiancé’s parents. For a while, both BIL and his girlfriend didn’t have jobs, so watching their child wasn’t an issue. However, we all have a deadline to move out by December as parents are moving out of state, so they finally decided to get jobs. They applied for childcare assistance, but were denied, and they are unable to afford daycare, leaving their child without supervision.I’m a part time student, and waitress, typically working 4-5 days/week, while having class every Thursday night. They asked me if I could move my schedule around, and watch baby Monday-Friday and work on the weekends. I said I could, but would obviously need to make enough to compensate for not being able to work my normal hours and make a stable income. They told me they could pay $175/week, or $35/day for 9 hours of watching baby.I want to help them, and also love watching baby, but fiancé and I also need to save up a decent amount to be able to move out in 4 months. Do I say no to their offer? Do I request more for my services, and if so, how much? Should I feel obligated to watch their child for so little because they are “family”?TL;DR: Brother-in-law & his girlfriend asked me to watch their 8 month old baby 5 days/week, 9 hours/day, but are only willing to pay me $35/day. Do I turn them down? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2U5axM8

No comments:

Post a Comment