Thursday, 22 August 2019

3 year old daughter has ALWAYS disliked her dad. How can we turn this behavior around?


Our daughter is almost 4 y/o. She’s openly preferred me over her dad from the very beginning. She’s very vocal about not wanting him around.I’ve stayed at home with her since birth so I can understand to a point why she’s more attached to me. But the attitude she has towards her dad is absolutely unacceptable. The constant protests need to stop.He’s a great father. He’s silly and caring. Always willing to play whatever she wants. Makeup, barbies, hide and seek. He loves to play with her when she’ll tolerate him. Unfortunately he works long hours so we don’t see him often during his work week.When he’s finally home she very hot and cold towards him. She never wants hugs or kisses from dad, screams for him to get out of her room, tries to bully him away from sitting on the couch with us or at the dinner table, constantly talking about how much she doesn’t like him etc. There a few moments during his weekend where she will tolerate him but it’s rare.It’s left my husband feeling like a poor parent and very unloved while I’m constantly exhausted and tapped out from the neediness. Has anyone ever experienced behavior like this? How can we help her understand that dad is just as much of a parent as I am? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/30sgDbw

No comments:

Post a Comment