
She'll be 14 soon.She doesn't like life.She doesn't have any friends.She says she has a low status in school but I think it's just her perception because kids do seem to like her. She can't see how talented and beautiful she is. I always tell her but she doesn't believe it.She's inherited my timidness but she's very brave and goes for what she wants.Who she is I know its because of me.She' has retained a great amount of her childlike spirit. For instance she's into fantasy like mermaids, leprechauns, possibly believes in Santa and so on and when she talks to people she has this little voice. She has another side which is pretty mature.She's very disorganized/messy and doesn't stay on top of her hygiene unless I get on her to do so. This is all my fault because she doesn't have chores . She doesn't have much of a routine. I clean everything. I'm disorganized myself in time management so much so that shes usually late to school 2 to 3 times a week.I just feel if I was more open to her father's side of the family she would have had more love, experiences, cousins and siblings to grow up with. If I was more open to my extended family shed'd have more love. Maybe she'd be secure with herself. I feel I was so selfish, I wanted her to myself. I believed I could be everything that she needed and now it has come back to bite me.She's heavily dependent on me since I've spoiled her and I'm the only one she spends the majority of her time with. She has a difficult time sometimes listening to adults if they have a firm voice. She finds it easier to connect with adults than with her peers.At school she acts out a bit because she's seeking attention. She's lonely and it's difficult because I can not fulfill all of her emotional needs. She has even latched onto a male teacher assistant at school. She really feels a connection with him.I don't think she's ready for high school.I look at her and see a mess that I've made. I feel so guilty. Because of this o don't want to have more kids.I wish I was a better parent. Sometimes i think if she could get away from me she would become happier. She'd grow be more confident.I want her to be more studious, assertive, and confident but how can I want these things from her when I have not set the foundation?I want her to be successful and happy.Do you think it is too late to fix This? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2G65YwQ
No comments:
Post a Comment