
You can read the previous thread hereHi everyone thanks for your comments last week. I just wanted to provide some clarity and an update to the situation.Clarity:Some people were thinking maybe he was watching a show with an accidental boob or something. What my son described was oral sex between two women. He mentioned their vaginas. It wasn't a nip slip.I also don't believe my daughter saw. I think my son was worried that she might have, but not that he intentionally showed herI also don't think it was intentional, as in I don't believe he watched it with the purpose of letting the kids see. I don't think it's grooming, more like horrible decision making. That said, this is NOT. the first time he has said, done, or I'm sure watched innapropriate things around them. There is a pattern of irresponsibility.The update:The first thing i did was confront him directly. I asked point blank if he did it. He answered no. Never. He would never do something like that But the more he said it the less convinced I became. He is a proven liar. He will say anything to get out of trouble. Eventually the "I would never..." Became, *"well if I did it wasn't that bad..." Which became "if it was bad It wasn't on purpose.." (which you may recognize as a version of the narcissists prayer)So his story now is that maybe the kids saw something perhaps for a short while unintentionally. Which is about all im going to get him to admit. His response was solely deny, diminish, and deflect. There was no taking responsibility for the "mistake", no apology, no solution offered to rectify the situation.At the end he said, "what are you planning on doing (about it)?" His only concern is for himself.I told my lawyer, as well as my therapist who has connections to child services. Because I live in a no fault divorce place, and because the rule of thumb here is to grant equal patenting rights to both parties, unless one parent is being actively charged with abuse or something there is literally nothing I can do. My lawyer says she will make a note but there's nothing really to come of it. Basically, he can be as creepy and inappropriate as he likes, but without a chargeable offense, I haven't got a leg to stand on.I have told who I can tell. There is a record of it now, that's as best as Im legally going to get.Thanks for your support. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2F73Bt5
No comments:
Post a Comment