Friday, 4 January 2019

Son meets father in the mall at Christmas time


First I’ll give you some back story my son is 7 it has always only been him and I. I had one boyfriend in those 7 years that he met once I thought things were serious (I broke it off when he didn’t follow through on a promise to my son). I have reached out to his biological father a few times when he was younger but never got a response, I finally reached out to his mother she had coffee with us once and then gave me excuse after excuse as to why she couldn’t do it again. So as the years go on and he gets older he asks questions about him I try and answer them as honestly as I can for his age. I try to fill the void, buying him everything he wants. My dad try’s to be that male influence he needs but it isn’t the same. December 22nd we were out finishing our shopping, and there he was, it was the first time I had seen him in 7 years. My son was 6 days old when I had last seen him face to face so when I said “omg that’s his father” it was out of shock I was thinking out loud and forgot where I was who I was with and what I was doing. My son wanted to meet him I said you know what it is your right let’s go. He walked into the store told me to wait right there walked over and said “excuse me you probably don’t remember me but I’m your son (name)” he looked at him and said “oh” i told him to come on walking out of the store still within ear shot my son says “how come he don’t love me” I started to cry my heart broke. as petty as it sounds I hope we ruined his night his week even his damn Christmas. Last night when we were reading before bed he goes “you know mama I at least thought he would call” I just needed to vent this I’m so completely heartbroken over it and there is nothing I can do to change it via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2F80SiX

No comments:

Post a Comment