Wednesday, 23 January 2019

My son is amazing.


Yesterday we got a letter from his school stating one of the students in his class lost his 2mo old brother over the weekend. Over dinner, my wife did some social media stalking and found out who it was. We sat him down and explained to him what happened. After that 1 million questions of "What if" came up. What if people are talking about it and he hears it? etc. We tried our best to guide him as to what to do or say. At the end of dinner I tell him not to worry and I know he'll do the right thing.Fast forward to today my son is in class and another child goes up to the little boy and asks, "I heard your little brother died, is that true?" My son saw the little boy getting visibly upset went over to him and said, "If you don't want to hear it, just say you don't want to hear it." Now mind you my son is in first grade. It doesn't sound like much but the little boy said thank you to my son. I'm so proud of him I just had to share. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Dx5oWx

No comments:

Post a Comment