Wednesday, 23 January 2019

My daughter says some foods hurt and others dont. But whike she complains that mashed potatoes may hurt for example, skittles dont seem too.


My daugther was adopted about 9 months ago. We have been dealing with this issue for about 4 months now. We've tried 4 different medications for trying to help and gone to the doctor a bunch. My wife and I find it hard to believe her as her pain seems to be predetermined as you can see her face sadden when before she even takes a bite. Then an argument ensues. She walks away and cries in her room. I'd take her to the hospital (because if it's too painful to eat, then it's to painful to survive and that's a major issue). Doctors have found absolutely nothing wrong with her. We have a specialist appointment coming up that I hope yeilds something helpful. I'm trying to trust her and follow thru with her that it is a medical issue and not a psychological problem, but things like mashed potatoes for example didn't hurt before and now they do. Whereas things like cookies or skittles that, while they hurt, she pushes herself to eat. But she doesn't push herself when there is a dinner in front of her. And things that did seem to hurt before now dont seem to hurt. There is too much ambiguity and fluidity to her pain that it makes no sense. The only thing we can get her to eat is chicken noodle soup and I'm afraid she'll tell us that hurts eventually. I'm worried because when she came home, she was 112, now 9 months later she is 106.What can I be doing? Am I doing anything wrong? This will sound bad, but I'm honestly just tired of hearing about it every dinner. I have nothing more too add to this conversation. It's like the allegory of the man with a toothache: the first day of complaints are met with empathy, second day of compleints are met with nothing but a hollow empathy and by the third day, his complaints are met with annoyance. I love her dearly, but GOD I want to talk about something different and have dinners like we used to. I think it may be related to anxiety as she has had attacks and does this little breathing thing while eating occasionally. Plus when she had to take a pill (Lord, what a nightmare), she would stand there for half an hour psyching herself out. On that, a tiny vitamin D pill caused immense pain, but her other medication (bigger) didn't cause nearly any pain.Sorry for the ramble, but I'm frustrated and scared. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2CDx7TI

No comments:

Post a Comment