Wednesday, 23 January 2019

My 2 year old is waking up twice a night screaming. I just want her to sleep through the night so i can sleep through the night.


She has never slept through the night regularly. I think the longest stretch was about a month of her only waking up around once a week. Oh God was that nice. But the last month it's been way different.We used to listen to her cry for a few minutes to see if it was just a soft whiny, will probably go back to sleep cry or a screaming cry like she needed us, was hurt or had a nightmare. If it was the former, which it almost always was, we would just let her cry and she'd usually put herself back to sleep in about 10 minutes. Now, twice a night she wakes up and instantly screams bloody murder.She's definitely awake when we go in her room, so it's not night terrors. Sometimes she doesn't seem to recognize us right away, but as soon as we start talking to her, she snuggles right in and continues crying for a few minutes. Each night though it seems like she cries longer and it takes her longer to go back to sleep. And now after the second time she won't go back to sleep. She talks extremely well for her age, but she won't tell me what's wrong. When I try to ask her, she just starts crying again.She's her normal self all day long once she stops crying. She doesn't fight going to bed at bedtime. Doesn't show any signs of discomfort or anxiety or anything. She's high energy, goes nonstop all day long still.She hasn't napped since I weaned her from the breast at about 20 months, but she started sleeping longer at night. About 12 hours, 9-9, with the interruptions. Before that she slept about 10 hours at night and only took one nap, about an hour and a half to two hours. So she'd been getting the same amount of sleep. But now she wakes up for good with her second nightmare. Anywhere between 4 and 7. And she still won't nap most days. I'm at a loss. It's been 2 1/2 years since I slept through the night. I'm always tired, foggy brained and crabby. All I want to do is get a good night's sleep. But it seems like that is the only thing my daughter won't do. Any advice is appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2T7RPCc

No comments:

Post a Comment