
My 2nd grade daughter has been riding the bus home in the afternoon for several weeks now. She sits with a 5th grade girl. We’ve known her and her mom from the bus stop from the past couple of years. I tried to arrange for them to play over the summer but it didn’t work out due to some issues the other family has. Honestly, we may have dodged something after some worrisome issues and behaviors came to light. I feel bad but not everything always works out.Today the other girl gets off the bus and drops her tablet she has in her hand. It has a thin case but the screen breaks pretty badly. As we’re walking home she tells my daughter “but you told me not to put it in my backpack” I tell them both “if it’s supposed to be in the back pack, that’s where it should be”I talked to my daughter this evening about electronics and how I would prefer for her not to touch ones that don’t belong to her and why. Not to carry items in her hands getting off and on the bus for safety reasons. My daughter was pretty upset. I feel terrible for the other child. But I would be lying if I said it didn’t feel like she was blaming my daughter. I get she was upset though.I have not contacted the other mom yet. Mostly because I’m not sure how this is going to go. Or what to say. I’m not confident that this is going to be reasonable because of some things I’ve seen.I know in my head I’m not financially responsible but why do I feel so bad about it? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2CEBsWP
No comments:
Post a Comment