
Of course my first feeling is to go full mama bear and make heads roll but then the civilized part of my brain realizes they are just shitty little kids with shitty parents and my son most likely isn’t scarred for life and will be just fine. But then I get pissed off again. If it was a kid his age I would understand, but not a damn 5 year old.Two 5 year olds actually, (the open gym is infant - 5 years) are little terrors and always running around being mean, calling names, screaming, throwing things. Today my 2 year old was playing on a climbing structure that the boy had left minutes ago but had apparently claimed as his for the day. I told the boy that everyone is sharing and there’s room for everyone, he ran away, the next thing I know the two are next to us, I hear the one say “punch that kid” to the other and then he socks my 2 year old in the back.I saw red and yelled “DO NOT TELL SOMEONE TO PUNCH SOMEONE AND DO NOT TOUCH MY SON AGAIN” or something super eloquent like that, all I wanted to do was hulk smash them both so I can’t really remember what I said. The parents manage to for the first time look up from their phones and come over to scold them and make them apologize but that doesn’t do much for a 2 year old that just learned some people are assholes for no reason.My son didn’t cry but he looked very confused, the kids looked terrified after I screamed at them and stayed far away but even still my son didn’t want to play anymore he just kept asking to leave.I know I’m making a mountain out of a molehill, I know I can’t protect him forever, but this is my first time having someone do something shitty to him and I don’t know how to react or feel besides rage which I know isn’t healthy since these are preschoolers we’re taking about.As I was leaving, the worker apologized sort of, I said unfortunately this isn’t the first time they’ve caused issues, your sign says stay within a hugs reach of your child but their parents just sit on the floor looking at their phones the whole time... she just kind of said yeah and let me know they only come on Tuesday’s after the 2 hour drop off class and stay for open gym. So what I took from that was, these people are paying $300+/month and are basically above reproach.Then we get into the car and my son starts punching the air and saying “ow”. I told him I’m so sorry that happened they were just being mean and sometimes people are mean for no reason and let him know he didn’t do anything wrong. I didn’t really know what to say. I asked if he wanted to go back tomorrow and he says no when before he always claps and gets super excited. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2S4Nr9Q
No comments:
Post a Comment