
To get other opinions on a situation I had this morning, do you enforce 'bedroom hours' outside of sleeping time? Like for example, if your child who needs to be up at 6:30 is awake at 5am do you require them to stay in their room?I had this very thing this morning, and made her stay in the room. She is five, loud, doesn't go anywhere without a slew of noisy toys and I think I deserve that hour or so to get myself and the house together without being inundated with toy noise and questions. She reacted quite offended and tried to exit three times before she was permitted out, until finally I said don't come out until I knock on your door.Husband felt I was being unfair but... am I not allowed to have an hour of space to do what I need to do? My stance is, and has always been, at 7pm I am "off" (barring true issues) and until she can be in the main space without being totally disruptive or trying to get attention and focus on her, via endless talking, questioning, toy slamming, etc... at 7 she is in bed. End of story. When she is older and can sit on the couch or do whatever without making it the LOOK AT ME show, she can stay up later. But mom is off duty at 7.I kind of regard the early am as the same. I get up at five to have time alone to do what I need to do in peace and quiet. If she is up at five too, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect her to play in her room until it's "mom on duty time" until she reaches the age that she can be in someone else's presence without making it all about her presence. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QeTvZa
No comments:
Post a Comment