Tuesday, 2 October 2018

(Future) new baby, unvaccinated sibling, any similar experiences?


We are not anti-vaxxers. Putting that out there first thing.I have two stepdaughters. The older one was almost killed by a vaccine reaction (they believe it is actually the suspension fluid). Every capillary burst in her body, in the hospital for weeks, the whole thing. So she remains unvaccinated to this day. Her sister (my other stepdaughter) is fully vaccinated.We are currently trying to conceive and it just occurred to me that we will (hopefully someday!) have a baby and an unvaccinated kid at the same time. I fear putting baby in danger when they are really really young (like the first couple of months) but at the same time don’t want my stepdaughter to be ‘sent away’ to mom’s house for two months like she’s done something wrong, either.My stepdaughter IS God’s gift to parents and stepparents alike and would be sweet and understanding, and is old enough to know what’s up (she’s 15). But I was just curious if anyone else had experience similar to mine or any advice on my totally future/hypothetical situation.Thanks! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zMwjM7

No comments:

Post a Comment