
I'll offer a little more explanation to the title. My parents both have terminal forms of cancer (Father has pancreatic cancer and only has about 20 months to live in the best case scenario, mother has metastatic breast cancer and probably has another couple years). I am a 17 year old senior in High School and will turn 18 next summer. Both parents have life insurance that will enable us to pay off the house, cars, a good portion of college, and keep some in savings for investment and utilities, so we're going to be alright financially.We are to the point where my parents are very seriously discussing what should happen to my siblings when they die, and were considering a family they know through one of my brother's baseball teams from a few years back. I'm sure they are a wonderful family, but my brothers really don't know them all that well (if they remember them at all), and I just really don't feel comfortable leaving my brothers in the care of a strange family while I go off to college right after they lose both their parents. At the same time, I'm torn because I don't know the first thing about being a parent, much less a parent to my siblings. Our extended family are not an option for other, non-related reasons.What do I do? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2O0GyFh
No comments:
Post a Comment