
Hi all,I have what may be a silly question, but it’s bugging me a lot. My son is 20 weeks old and has been in his daycare since he was 9 weeks. Also, the daycare is in my building so I visit him once or twice a day.The whole time he’s been in daycare, he very deliberately avoids eye contact with me when I visit him and pick him up - as in, if I put my face in his line of sight, he’ll look elsewhere. By contrast, he beams at and giggles and easily maintains eye contact with his teachers. I know this sounds petty, but it hurts. He will usually make eye contact and smile with me when we’re home.I’ve asked friends with kids about this, but nobody seems to have any similar personal experiences. They’ve suggested he’s overstimulated or mad at me for leaving him all day. I asked his pediatrician at his 4-month well check, and she just said she’s not concerned since he’s making eye contact.Anyone have any insight or experience with this? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Rn0Bf5
No comments:
Post a Comment