Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Anyone here married to a doctor, preferably an anesthesiologist?


I know, weird question but my husband kind of tends to use the “I’m a doctor” card to get out of jail free with me. He comes home and watches tv the rest of the day, even when he comes home at 2pm or earlier.Compared to a lot of America ‘s workforce, he doesn’t even work that many hours, or it’s at least around the same rather than significantly above the norm.I am constantly tired taking care of our 2 year old. I’m going to hire a nanny soon, but that’s not 100% the solution imo. I want my husband to show some consideration for us. Simple things. I have made it clear what I really hate to do, which he could pick up slack for. Like installing a new car seat, or things of that nature. He never even offers. He tells me I didn’t ask so that’s not his problem. He seems to think I am supposed to order him around to get him to do anything. Something about that just seems off to me. I didn’t sign up to be a mom to my own husband.. my daughter got into the super glue because it was in the bottom shelf of a new piece of furniture he was assembling... I do not understand how easy it is for him to forget we have a child in our own house! He is constantly opening doors in front of her face, knocking her down and saying “what are you doing there?”Wtf. Who is this person? And yeah, I know being a doctor is oh so hard. So stressful. But I know doctors, doctors in his group who go out and have the ability to be active. I can’t tolerate this mentality that people of the profession should be treated like royalty at home. He has been a doctor for nearly 10 years now so it’s not like beginner’s stress either. And, half the time anesthesiologists are waiting around for the surgeon anyway.. like I read about anesthesiologists who are really bored at work because they wait around a lot. I used to go to my husband’s OB calls and he would be watching tv more than half the time. It’s a different job now but I can’t imagine it’s that different!I think he is using his job title as a crutch to deny responsibilities in the house. He half-asses everything, basically doing things He knows we agreed not to do, so I will get mad and he won’t have to do them. For instance, not rocking the girl to sleep so she can end her sleep regression. That’s pretty much the only thing right now that I’m mad about. But when I bring up one little thing that he can do better, he acts all high and mighty. Get that workplace Narcissism out of here. Do I really need to feel like an asshole for expecting him to listen every once in a while? There’s no way to approach this guy. He tells me I can’t expect him to do anything unless I ask, but when I ask, he just huffs and puffs. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2O5qjXq

No comments:

Post a Comment