
Dear Daughter,First off, I would like you to know that the moment you were born my whole world changed. You were and still are the most beautiful person I have ever set my eyes on. If I did nothing else right my entire life besides becoming your mother, I would still consider myself a very successful woman. I would do everything exactly the same if I had a do-over button just to keep you the exact little girl you are today. I'm so proud and blessed.Being your mother is not easy. After all, you didn't come with an instruction manual on how to raise a child perfectly. Let's face it, even if you did, I've never really read instructions on things anyways. One of the best things about being your mother is learning more about you and what makes you so special everyday. I've learned that what works for one child is not always what works for another. I make mistakes, lots of them and I can guarantee I'll make more of them. I am by no means a perfect parent but that is very important to take note of. Sure, I would love to be Super Mom, absolutely a fantastic mother, I think many mothers set out to do their best but the reality is sometimes I will fall short. It does not mean that I love you less when I make a mistake. It means that I am human and I am not flawless. Having a few years of life under my belt has taught me a few things.It is my responsibility as a mother to build you up. I want to encourage you all the time. I know you're only two years old right now but I feel it is important to start building the foundation early to give you a head start. You are a kind soul in a tough and at times cruel world. I speak to you like you are my bestfriend when you get sleepy at night. I love to lay in your "big girl" bed with you before you shut your eyes each night and tell you how loved you are. I feel like maybe my mother did that with me when I was your age but honestly, I do not remember back that far. I do wish I would've listened to my mother more though, especially during those hard teenage years. I probably could've saved myself a bunch bumps in the road instead of thinking she was clueless. I have a feeling that someday you will think I'm clueless too. I think that's a rights of passage as far as growing up goes. I'm glad my mother and I made it through those hormonal teenage years alive!Right now though, in this exact moment of life I notice that you almost idolize me and it is so flattering to be your role model. You want to help me with literally every single activity I perform through my day. I love it. Sometimes I know tasks would be quicker if I could just do them by myself but I know you are learning.I learned over my few decades of life that there is a secret to happiness. YOU are the key to your own happiness! As soon as I realized that everyday I wake up I make a choice on whether I want to be happy with myself or not my quality of life improved drastically. I spent many years setting unrealistic expectations on myself and then beating myself up for not living up to these standards. I tell you every single day that it is completely ok when you make a mistake. Absolutely no person is perfect. Make mistakes and still be kind to yourself. I want you to learn to love yourself. Trust me, if you could see what I see in you it would be so easy.You are so kind, thoughtful and generous. Even at just two years old! I hope no one ever takes those traits from you. I hope you never get hardened by life circumstances. Never bully anyone. Please, don't bully other people. Many times people are struggling with their own demons and mean enough to themselves without anyone else adding to their problems. I've put on a smile before when inside I felt so broken. Sometimes just one caring person can make all the difference. If someone is mean to you though, I hope you stand up for yourself. I hope you always stand up for what you believe in. In fact, I hope you even stand up for people that aren't able to stand up for themselves.Always be kind to yourself and do not dwell on how things could have gone differently if only this or that happened. I cannot tell you how much sleep I've lost over what-ifs. It is not worth it! Shut your eyes at night and go to bed knowing that you tried your best and that is enough.Stand out in the crowd if you want to!! Your father will tell you that I literally do not care what any one thinks about me. No one has a right to judge you... they will try. Trust me. People judge each other all the time. I want you to learn though that their opinion doesn't matter in the long run.Here's a big piece of life lessons to write down and hold on to. High school will not last forever. When its over, you will see that there is a much bigger world out there other than worrying about what cliques you fit in, who is going to be homecoming queen and if that cute boy you have a crush on will notice you. When it is over, you will realize it was just a few awkward years of your life that never really mattered anyways. Education, however does matter!! Learn. Learn as much as you can about everything! Your education is literally the only thing that cannot be taken from you. You can go to college if you want, pursue a trade one day, anything you desire as long as you educate your. Don't stop learning either. Even at my age I love to learn and I pray you love it as much as I do.Read books! There is nothing better than reading a great fiction novel and mentally taking yourself out of reality for a moment. Get lost in your book. Get lost in real life too! Take back roads to enjoy the view. Life is not a race. Enjoy it.Someday, my lovely daughter, your heart might get broken. I hope it doesn't but if it does, know that it happened for a reason. I know how bad a broken heart feels but you will get through it. In fact, if it ever happens and you decide that my kisses might fix your boo boos again I will hold you as you cry. I always want you to feel comfortable to come to me when you need me. I don't care how old you are, you will always be my baby.Hindsight is always 20/20. After a while things will make sense to you. You will eventually understand why everything that you experienced over your lifetime had to happen the exact way it did in order for you to be where you are. It will be almost like a lightbulb turns on one day. If I hadn't had my heartbroken a time or two, I would never have met your father and therefore I would never have met you. You, sweetheart, are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I cannot imagine life if I never met you.I know you are little right now but you are fierce. I pray that you learn to see yourself how I see you through my eyes. Always follow your dreams and never give up. You will grow up to be a force to be reckoned with someday. I know that you are so special. I will continue to wish everything and more for you. I promise to always be in your corner cheering you on.Love Always, Mommy via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zOcMe3
No comments:
Post a Comment