Wednesday, 3 October 2018

The story of why I am grumpy today and is eating cookies instead of going to the mommy-and-me fitness class


04:15 am I am woken up by my 4 month old baby boy. He is hungry. I pull him from the bedside crib to our bed to breastfeed him. It’s the 3 time tonight - and this is an improvement, as just a week ago, he would wake up every hour.As I am sitting there, half a sleep with my darling son suckling also half asleep, he lets out a grunt. I think to myself, oh god, please don’t poop now. It turns out it’s only pee. I feel his diaper getting warm. Then his pajamas. The pee runs out the diaper, onto me, trickling down my belly to the nursing pillow and onto my bed. I can’t do anything about it now, I think, and just let him finish eating. When he is done, he is in a deep sleep again, but we get up to chance diaper and clothes. He continues to sleep on the changing table, but I know he will wake up when I undress him, so I try to be quick about it, so we can go back to bed fast.Sure enough, he wakes up and is in a delightful mood. Oh god, please just be tired. I lift him up to place the new pajamas suit on the mat, and just as I do this he vomit all the milk he just got out on me. It runs down my neck and creates a hot vomit-pool in the nursing bra I have to wear while sleeping, to keep my boobs from leaking milk in my bed. I deal with it later I think, just get the worst of me with a cloth from the changing table and try to get my son dressed and back to bed quick.We have a large pilates ball. It’s my best friend and greatest enemy. It’s super effective to get the baby to sleep, if you sit on it and bounce with the baby in your arms. But if I sit on it too long or too much, my back is gonna hurt. Usually I can sit here for like 5 minutes and he sleeps, but the pee and vomit party he just had has made my son super awake. He is in a great mood, just lying there talking and cooing and looking at the moon through our bedroom curtains. All while I sit there, my underwear covered in pee that’s not even my own, and vomit in my bra. And now I gotta pee.After about half and hour, he starts to yawn and closes his eyes. He will sleep soon. Some time goes by, I put him back in his crib. I go to the bathroom to pee, fix my self just a bit and deal with the rest in the morning. I place a towel on my sheets, I will change it when we get up. Now I gotta sleep.I lay down. I am so tired and now my back hurts. And I look at him. My beautiful baby boy. He looks just like his sister when she was that age. He is so happy and a joy to be around. Always smiling, his entire face light up when he makes eye contact with someone. My wonderful, curious boy. I am so blown away about my own love for him, that I completely forget what he just did, and that I haven’t slept in months. I have loved you from your first day and I will until my last day, I think to myself.And then he poops. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2xVQx4x

No comments:

Post a Comment