
First, the teacher. My teenage kid came home from school with homework as usual. She's an honor roll student too who has always been diligent with her work. Yesterday when I came home from the office she was stressed out, frustrated, and on the edge of tears trying to do her math homework. I asked her what's wrong and she tells me she spent 4 hours on her math homework and was unable to get the last four math problems answered correctly. Each question had the choice between 6 possible answers. No matter how she solved it the answers wouldn't never match. I had her text the teacher who replied, "Sorry, I gave you the wrong answers to the questions". My daughter threw her hands up, started calling the teacher an idiot while saying she did this with a test over the first semester. I want to write the teacher a note about it but I am having difficulty addressing this in a manner that isn't offensive. I really don't know what to do about it.Second, I just bought this house and a week after I moved in my neighbor, who has LD, tells me he has a girlfriend moving in within a week. A month later I finally meet her. She has an 8 year old daughter. After weeks of being neighborly, and we neighbored back and forth a bit, I met her daughter. She is a cute little thing but she acts like she's 5. Sh has little to no skills at all and I don't think she can read. It raised a red flag with me so I started paying closer attention. I am not a nosey neighbor and I feel really bad about writing this but I watched that house like a hawk for weeks. The kid has been outside twice that I know of. One occasion was this Halloween. In the day I would bring cooked food over, usually something I freshly baked, always home made, just to see if the little girl is there. She is. All day every day the little girl sits in that house and doesn't go to school. She's such a cute little girl and I feel so bad for her. I don't want to call the authorities because I am the only neighbor that knows about her. This is because there are no other neighbors at the moment. That means any calls will indicate me as the culprit. I don't want that.I tried looking for missing persons in Louisiana, where she said she's from, but to no avail. I can't find any websites to look for pictures. Please advise. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fyqKJ4
No comments:
Post a Comment