Friday, 4 November 2016

My toddler is cold blooded


In the morning before we all leave, my wife has something for breakfast, and I make our toddler (2.5 yo daughter) a peanut butter sandwich.This morning my wife had some leftover pizza from last night. Daughter wanted some pizza, so she went over and asked for a little bit. She got a pepperoni piece, then asked for more. But because her sandwich was ready, she didn't get more pizza we told her she doesn't get anymore pizza, as that's mommy's food. I tried to give her the sandwich, but she said no. Then we put the rest of mommy's pizza up on the counter to take it out of daughter's sight, because it was clear mommy wasn't going to get any more peace to eat.This led to a full-on morning meltdown. Screaming and hyperventilating and everything. After a couple minutes of that, she calms right down. And then she asks for her sandwich. She wanted it from me, not from mommy, and was very clear about that.After I gave it to her, she pulled the halves of her sandwich apart, which she does sometimes, preferring to eat one piece of bread first and then the other. This time she went to mommy and asked to sit in her lap. She handed mommy one of the pieces of toast and said "this is for you mommy".As soon as mommy took a bite, Katherine looked over to me and said "Look daddy, I'm sharing"I had to laugh, I wouldn't have thought a kid that young could be capable of carefully and meticulously planning a barb like that. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2evl4wJ

No comments:

Post a Comment