Wednesday, 23 November 2016

My sisters friends mom is overly clingy and doesn't seem to understand boundaries. Need advice.


Hey y'all, I'm having a dilemma and I could use advice from parents who've had similar experiences. My younger sister (8 years old) recently befriended our neighbor from around the block, she's a nice girl and doesn't cause any issues when they're playing together. The mom on the other hand is extremely hard to deal with and seems to think that we run a day care at our home. My mother and father both work, so my brother and I alternate with watching my younger sister in times that no one else can. The mother has absolutely no comprehension of social cues, she'll text my mother asking if her daughter can come to our house to play then if my mom isn't able to respond instantaneously, she'll call my mother incessantly till she gets a response. She's shown up to our house uninvited multiple times and without even asking will literally walk into our house as if though she lives here.My sister enjoys playing with her daughter so today when she asked if her daughter can come play, my mom allowed it and I stayed home to watch them. When she came to drop her daughter off, I was cleaning the house so I told my sister to go and open the door for her friend then the next thing I know the mother is right in front of my face in the kitchen. I was startled that she walked in without even asking as we have literally no established relationship, she asks me if I'm busy and I said yes I need to finish cleaning. She proceed to insist that she help me out and I tell her, no thank you I'd like to work alone, then she asks if she can play with our kitties then leaves. The lady's daughter is nice and abides by house rules when she plays with my sister but her brother (5) is extremely unruly. I can't deal with him and I don't think it's my responsibility to have to babysit him. Every time she wants to bring her daughter over, she's asks if her son can come as well and my mother has started to tell her to only bring her daughter. Even though we will explicitly tell her please only bring your daughter because it's hard having to watch over two kids, she STILL brings her son over as well and will literally tell me "oh it's too bad my son really wanted to play as well" I'm sorry lady but your son doesn't behave at all and it's not my job to be running after him ensuring he doesn't wreck my home. It's just odd to me, she really doesn't seem to understand the concept of boundaries at all and is extremely clingy. What would you do in a situation like this? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fHyrZ0

No comments:

Post a Comment