Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Aussie parents - what's your grocery bill like?


(I'm restricting it to Aussies, just because income, exchange rates and cost of goods varies too much between countries to be useful)We are a two parent, one child family (2 year old). I'm pretty sure our grocery spend is through the roof. Mostly because we are old and tired and lazy, so we buy too many pre-prepared things and too many things on the spur of the moment. We don't buy much in bulk, we throw too many things out. I could go on. We are trying to be better, and want to work towards meal planning, bulk buying - or at least more sensible buying. We are spoilt for choice in supermarkets, coles, woolworths, aldi, even a costco. Local grocers and bulk dry food pantries. We need to get organised! One thing I should add is that we are lacto-ovo-vegetarian.I'd love to see some similar families numbers to compare against firstly, and tips on getting the numbers down. We spend on average about $1300 a month on edibles and whatever else we buy from supermarkets (cleaning products etc), but not including eating out or takeaway - that's a couple of hundred a month. Cheers! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2f8Yn3B

No comments:

Post a Comment