Wednesday, 23 November 2016

My 4 year old daughter thinks we're joking when she gets in trouble?


I honestly feel bad even posting this here, but I really need some advice.My daughter is 4 years old, and such a fun loving wonderful little girl most of the time. The thing is, when she is doing something wrong and my dh or I ask her to stop she thinks it's funny or a game. She does the same thing over and over laughing about it. Sometimes she will even go as far as to taunt us when we say she is going to get a time out, or a toy taken away, etc. punishments. She will say things like "go ahead and do it", "take x away", then she laughs about it.I've tried a ton of different methods, including positive reinforcement, which has done the best so far even though I'm still not getting very good results. This has been going on for at least 6 months now, and I'm at my wits end. She doesn't do this outside of the house at all, just to dh and myself at home.To those of you who will say spanking is the answer, please don't bother. My mom was very abusive to me as a child and I do not want to spank my child. My husband has twice and she laughed at that too, and they weren't exactly love taps. So I guess that's not going to work anyway.Thank you for all the advice in advance! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gn6tTC

No comments:

Post a Comment