Friday, 4 November 2016

My 12 month old has unexplained periods of being unable to walk...please tell me this is normal.


Hello! I'm hoping you can help put my mind at ease...for the past 3 days, my toddler has had episodes of not being able to put weight on his right foot. He will stand up, and pick up his right foot like it's injured, and he'll try to walk, but it keeps turning in, almost as if he has forgotten how to put it flat. Then, after a few minutes, he goes back to normal, walking and dancing around like nothing happened. Sometimes he cries during the episode and sometimes he doesn't, so I can't tell if he's in pain or frustrated. Yesterday, I took him to the doctor, thinking it was an ankle injury of some kind, but of course, nothing. She poked and prodded from his hips to his toes and he was perfectly fine, not even a peep or struggle, and then he demonstrated that he could walk too. She said sometimes viruses can inflame joints, but I don't know if that's it. It happened again today, and I'm freaking out because something is definitely wrong, but not an injury. I have really bad scenarios in my head like leukemia and neurological problems (I'm a bit of a hypochondriac)...has this happened to anyone else's babies?Could this be a behavioral thing? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fpDgp9

No comments:

Post a Comment