
I had my daughter when I was very young, and despite me educating and basically begging her not to go down the same road as me, three years ago (when she was 13) she had a baby. Her mother is no longer with us. I've been doing as much as possible to help and support her through this, but I still have work, and currently she is a junior in high school.Lately, things seem to be coming to a breaking point. She's always been very attached to her child, but I get numerous text messages a day asking me to call up to the daycare to "check on her" just to see how she's doing or because she thinks something is wrong. If I don't respond quickly enough, she'll either call me nearly crying, or will leave school to go pick her up from daycare.I help her out with some of the things I know a teenager is not going to be able to handle all the time (redirecting some of the toddlers behavior, pottytraining etc.) Or if I get her to do something that she wasn't able to get her to do herself, she'll have a complete breakdown and think she's a horrible mother. I told her she's still very young and its understandable that she can't handle everything on her own, but lately she seems to be giving up. Maybe stress is getting to her? She doesn't tell me what's wrong, and I don't know what I should do anymore.I want to be a good father and grandfather to both of them, but for some reason I feel like I'm making things worse. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2epiGrD
No comments:
Post a Comment