Sunday, 19 April 2020

My little sister has been stuck inside for over a month. How do I get her outdoors?


I’m actually my sister’s legal guardian, and hope it’s alright for me to be posting here.She hasn’t taken one step out the door since schools were closed over a month ago, and I’m getting kinda worried for her health. She’s on her tablet nonstop, playing Roblox with friends. I don’t want to limit her time on this too much because it’s one of her only options for social interaction. Still, I want to get her out of the house. The plan was to take her to a small, unnamed park close by on a picnic, but it’s closed as wellAny suggestions on safe, preferably outdoor, activities I can entertain her with, while still following social distancing guidelines?Side note: She’s a bit mature for her age, and an only child, and typical “children’s” activities don’t usually interest her.Edit: After a LOT of digging, I’ve found that all parks in my area have been closed. I saw that this is one of the few outdoor activities mentioned in the mega-post, but unfortunately not an option for us. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VFeEQf

No comments:

Post a Comment