
I’m sure we’re not alone when I say it kind of sucks to be stuck with parents or in-laws during this whole quarantine thing.We live in New Jersey, across the river from NYC but were in Texas due to a family emergency when the pandemic got bad (Thank God). So now that our family emergency has settled we’re finding it best to be in Texas because it’s considerably safer here (where the county only has 50).Even though we’re thankful to my parents for housing us and our 16 month old during all this, their comments are completely unwelcome. My father flat out told me I needed to start treating my child better just because I was getting callus off my foot in the living room (obviously I was going to clean everything up when I was done before she woke up from her nap). Every little thing they say is starting to feel like jabs at our parenting. Whether it’s what time she goes to bed (7pm), or how much she eats (not exactly something anyone can control, all we can do is offer and encourage). This past week has me feeling like it’s amateur hour. It’s getting ridiculous. We might have to have a sit down talk soon cause I’ve wanted to cry way to much lately cause of their comments. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Kivy1S
No comments:
Post a Comment