Saturday, 18 April 2020

Annoying comments on baby boy. Should I say something?


19 weeks pregnant, and we have found out we’re having a boy. Little peanut was a total surprise (IUD failure) so we were just thrilled to find out that baby is healthy and viable.However, as word has gotten around some of our family and acquaintances have been making absolutely ridiculous comments about our unborn baby. For example: “Get ready to have to tell a toddler they don’t have to hold their penis to brush their teeth!”“Thank God! With a girl you have to worry about all the dicks, but with a boy you just have to worry about the one.”“[Husband] better pick a football team!”“Hope you’re used to cleaning up after boys!”These things are so incredibly ridiculous and sexist that I honestly really don’t know how to respond without seeming like a defensive, bitchy pregnant lady or the crazy, neighborhood bisexual™️ trying to de-gender her child.I know they are just trying to make light of things, but doing it by sexualizing my unborn baby? And making a joke about my husband’s masculinity? And basically assuming that I’m going to be their maid because boys can’t take care of themselves?It makes me angry and I don’t know how to respond. Anyone else experienced this? Witty comebacks? Plans to stay in quarantine forever? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RNLVaG

No comments:

Post a Comment