Saturday, 22 February 2020

I am no longer spending Fridays driving around to find the right dinner for each of my kids and it feels great.


I cook dinner almost every night for my family. Some time along the way Friday nights became pizza nights and I was okay with that. We went to a local pizza shop and got two pies and some salad. More time along the way my boys started to get tired of pizza Fridays and wanted something different, but could never agree on what they wanted so I would spend my time driving around to multiple shops to get everyone what they wanted.Last week I had enough. One of my twins wanted a pizza pie for him and his two friends he had over. The other twin wanted a taco bell. One of the other boys want a subway sandwich and the other wanted Wendy's. I know, not the healthiest of choices but 3 of them are athletes. The 17 year old twins are muscular and toned. The 15 year old is very skinny and the 13 year old is slightly smaller than average. I wasn't worried about calories but I was tired of driving to multiple places every Friday. I told the boys that enough was enough and they could either eat what is at the house or find a way to get what they want. Yesterday before I left work the 13 year old texted me asking what I was picking up. I reminded him of what happened last week and that I would no longer be driving around Fridays after work to buy different meals for each kid. I got text from the other boys shortly after and they were all outraged. They thought this was a one time thing. They definitely weren't expecting it to continue but my Friday drives home are so peaceful now. I am never going back. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HNeXSk

No comments:

Post a Comment