
I am currently writing this at 4am with a small human looking at me beaming with alertness.My wee man is 8 months old and has been battling a bad cold that's hit us all. My partner and I have been hit bad too and she's out for the count as I take on the baby watch.He won't sleep due to his runny nose causing him to cough and he's just a general unwell wee babba, doesn't even want dad cuddles. (I'm out of ideas)We settled down on the couch and watched the football highlights and I even started talking about him supporting the Steelers one day. Which was apparently an awful thought as he stated wailing..Fast forward to 2am and I see his eyes start to droop. You beauty! He's going! I could only take so many more nursery rhyme YouTube videos before I tried to end it with a suicide note, part letter part humpty dumpty lyrics.I take him through to his cot and place him down.. And I wait...and there's no screaming, or movement.. He's asleep.I start to leave the room when suddenly I feel a big fuck off sneeze coming. Oh, god no. I pick up the pace, the door is in sight, I'm praying to any god or holy being I can remember from religious studies in school.. But its too late, about 2 steps from freedom it comes out faster than RuPaul did to his parents. If my pull out game was this quick...I sneeze so hard I think I've torn a muscle in my side. A second of silence. Then cries. Lots of cries.If anyone is interested, the 150th time you listen to five little monkeys jumping on the bed. You really begin to despise those curly tailed arses . via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2SgnSCa
No comments:
Post a Comment