Tuesday, 24 December 2019

I might have made this The Most Embarrassing Christmas Ever for my teenage sons (and I don't even care)


Context: 51, F and have been divorced for 10 years. My sons are 18 and 15 and with me most of the time.I had to work today (Christmas Eve) and while I was at work - and the boys were home - two packages were delivered from Amazon. Gifts that I ordered. Normal, right?My sons are decent kids but they are nosy as hell. They have developed a bad habit of open things that are not addressed to them. I've told them over and over not to do that but I get "It was open when it arrived!" Or "I thought it said my My Name not Your Name!" And my favorite, my older one actually tried, "It just fell open when I picked it up to bring it in!!"Have been home now for a while, the packages were on the front porch. But one had CLEARLY been opened and then resealed - poorly - with cheap scotch tape. I walked in with the boxes under my arm. My older son just blurted out "Hey, Mom, I gotta go to... uhm somewhere..." and took off in his car. My younger son. He's just looking at me funny. He kind of looks like he's worried about me - as if I'm sick or something? - but also won't look me in the eye. And also sort of grins sheepishly and then darts back upstairs and I can hear him laughing.HAHAHA... they opened my "toys." Yes, those kinds of toys. I am dying!! I hope they learned their lesson this time lol! Because it's hard to unsee what you saw! (And no, Younger Son, I am not "sick", I am normal, don't worry about me!)I know that someday, when they're grown, they'll be sitting around the table at Christmas time with their families - hopefully I'm still there too! - and one of them will say "Oh my God.... remember that one Christmas when Mom ordered herself those "toys"?!" :) :) :)Merry Christmas all you parents! Here's to making memories! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/35U0DC9

No comments:

Post a Comment