Wednesday, 25 December 2019

Canceling Christmas for my children??


Let me just start by saying my children aren’t the worst behaved children in the world, but tonight and of all nights Christmas Eve I am DONE, and I made the promise to cancel Christmas (I’ll get to that) and by it being Christmas Eve i feel like there is no backing down.February of this year my mom passed from cancer, she lived with me full time until the very end when she went to hospice care for a better quality of life, (only her last two days) my daughters have a habit of taking things. Not maliciously but more like a finders keepers thing EXCEPT the items that they find aren’t really lost, just maybe not where they usually find them. For example if I take an earring off and sit it on the counter they’ll find it sometime later take it and proclaim it as their own simply because I wouldn’t normally leave it there so in their minds it must have been lost, and theirs for the taking. Sooo this is what brings us to tonight. When my mother passed I had a titanium necklace made with her ashes inside of it. The necklace did not come with a chain so I couldn’t bring myself to wear it until I found a chain sturdy enough to use with it. I also bought all of my siblings one. For the three of us it ran me about $1000.00. Today while preparing for my Christmas Eve party my husband gifted me with a silver chain for my necklace except when I went to go get it from off of my vanity it WAS GONE!!!! This is not an item I left laying around it was in a jewelry box on my vanity and I never ever moved it since I’ve had it. I asked both of my children and initially they said no but then both confessed that they didn’t know what it was and thought that it looked cool. My oldest said she took it and put it on her dresser and then my youngest touched it and she didn’t know what she did with it afterwards. The youngest also confessed to having it last but couldn’t remember what she had done with it either. (She said she put it in her doll house) Neither one of them are good with “lengths of time” so that doesn’t help either I can ask them when something happened and they’ll say a week ago when it was really at most a few and I mean 2-3 days ago. Since they don’t know how long ago they had it they don’t even know where to begin to look. I told them Christmas was cancelled because I’ve had the conversation with them about touching items that don’t belong to them before, and how much trouble they could get into if it turns out it’s something important. I sent them to bed, as guest were arriving so they missed the party, but I did make them plates of dinner before sending them to bed. I would be upset if it was anything else but something THIS important I am livid over. They’re 9 and 7 years old. I must admit that I feel like taking Christmas away is exxttttrrreeeemmmeee but I honestly don’t know what to do. I have the entire box of my mothers ashes but it is the principle in my mind, and my heart is breaking more because I’m a young mother and I would normally ask my mom for serious parenting advice, and this is my first year without her. If any one could help me out I would appreciate it. Am I doing the right thing? Sorry for any grammar errors I needed a few drinks to get me through the evening. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34QzJtz

No comments:

Post a Comment